Idk about you, but this year’s Black Friday feels like it has an extra tinge of anxiety to it, no? Sale notifications and emails and Instagram stories have been bombarding me since at least Monday?? Happy Cyber Week I guess. I put together a little guide to some of my favorite sales on essentials and giftable items, but if it’s causing you any amount of stress/anxiety, put down your phone and do literally anything else. Clean out your closet and make some donations, watch something fun with family you don’t get to see that often, take a crisp breath of outside air!! Deals are great but so is peace of mind (and having money to pay your rent). But if you’re in the market for sales you will actually shop, you’ve come to the right place.
- Parachute: Parachute’s robes get the most mileage out of any gift I have ever received by FAR, and their whole site is 20% off. Their Waffle Robe is a forever fave, and the Classic Turkish is the warmest, plushest thing for anyone dealing with freezing temps for the next few months. While we’re on the topic of Parachute, you can rest assured that their linen sheets are the best of the best, and they get softer and cozier each time you wash. The Linen Venice Set is the perfect place to start, but if you’re just looking for one thing, swapping my fitted sheet was the real gamechanger for me.
- Dermstore: Black Friday is a great time to buy gifts, but it’s the BEST time to stock up on the essentials you already know/love at the best possible prices. The Dermstore sale is always a must for me—my faves include PCA’s Vitamin C (this has made a noticeable difference in my skin tone and evenness over the past few months), my ride or die Elta SPF, the best makeup remover Bioderma Micellar Water, and Ilia’s tried and true mascara. I’d also be lying if I said I wasn’t browsing the Violet Grey sale for some fun new makeup (their whole site is 20% off). If you’re gifting a skincare lover this year (or just yourself!), you also can score a ZIIP for nearly $150 off. As a Charlotte Palermino obsessee, I am eyeing it with an intense fascination.
- Olive & June: You do not know how long I have been WAITING for this sale. O&J’s at-home manicure (and now pedicure!) kits have saved me so much time and money over the past couple years. Plus they make great gifts for birthdays, Secret Santa, stocking stuffers, etc. My must-have is The Mani Kit—you get everything all in one, and I wholeheartedly recommend. But my absolute favorites from them are The Poppy (truly one of the greatest innovations of our time), The Polish Remover Pot (so much easier than the cotton ball/drugstore bottle combo), and a set of their 7-free nontoxic polishes to use at home/bring to the salon. I also love that their prices (even when they’re not on sale) rival any drugstore brand. I’m restocking my remover and polishes and picking up these Dry Drops to experiment with—no shame in ransacking this sale from home.
- Alo: 20% off the best yoga mat money can buy and the world’s comfiest sports bras? Sign me up!
- APL: I loooove my APL’s (linking the entire newsletter I wrote about them earlier this year), but they are NOT cheap. This sneaker sale usually flies under the radar, but I refuse to let that happen this year. On Cyber Monday, most (if not all) of the APL site becomes “buy 2, get 1 free.” You as an individual may not need THREE new pairs of sneakers, but this is a GREAT sale to go in on with friends, parents, siblings, significant others, etc. Even if you’re buying three pairs of TechLoom Wave’s (my favorite, but on the very pricey end), the sale brings them down by $75 each. Now this MIGHT not happen this year, but it has last year and in 2019, so my advice is to get everyone’s sizes/preferred styles before Monday morning unless you really only need one pair (they’re currently offering a code for $25 off).
- LARQ: Same situation with my beloved self-cleaning water bottle—if you have multiple people in the market for a new water bottle, now’s the time! The discount ranges from 15-30% depending on how many you buy.
- Theragun: I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again—these babies make such a good gift (especially if you live with the person you’re gifting it to). The Theragun Prime and the Mini are on sale this weekend, with the Mini juuuuust under $175.
Wow team. That’s a lot of sales, but I did my best to keep it to the ones I have shopped/will be shopping this year. I know the big day of thanks was yesterday, but you should all know that I am so incredibly thankful that you are here. Writing this newsletter is one of my biggest joys, this year more than ever. And getting to hear back from such funny, smart, discerning people—you shitters!!!—is truly amazing. I hope you all find everything you’re looking for, and have such a filling, relaxing weekend.